Last Updated: May 25, 2018
This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://www.sketchappsources.com ("website"). You will find out what information may be collected, how you can control the collection, correction and/or deletion of personal data.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Statement in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
We are Sketch App Source ("we", "us" or "our") and can be contacted online via email@example.com or by mail via P.O. Box 83433, Gaithersburg, MD 20883, USA. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through the website.
We collect and receive personal data through the website when you provide it directly to us or when personal data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of the website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. The data may be collected from the following sources:
- For the most part, directly from you in the form of voluntary resource submission via “Submit Your Resource” page or via weekly newsletter subscription.
- Websites or social networking pages containing information that you have made public.
- From cookies and local storage when you visit our website:
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page. These cookies are placed by the domain https://www.sketchappsources.com.
- To provide authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage may be stored on your browser and may persists after your browser is closed.
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Contact Information: information you shared with us to identify or contact you, which may include first name, last name, email, personal website and social media handles from Twitter, Dribbble, Google+, Facebook, and Instagram.
- User Account Information: information that identifies you on the websites, such as your username, email address, password, and IP address.
- User Content: personal data included in content, images, comments, and other content, information, and materials that you post to or through the website.
- Important Note: users of our website should not use actual or "live" personal data or other sensitive data (e.g. real health information, financial information, or other information) when sharing, reviewing, and using designs through our website. We recommend following industry best practices of using “dummy data” that does not refer to actual people, financial accounts, etc. while sharing, reviewing, and using your designs and prototypes.
- Log Data: information automatically recorded regarding usages of the website, such as IP addresses, device and browser type, operating system, the pages or features of our website to which a user browsed, the time spent on those pages or features, the frequency with which the Service is used by a user, search terms used by a user, the links on the website that a user clicked on or used, and other statistics.
- Correspondence: if you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. We may also retain any messages you send through the website.
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
From time to time, we may collect personal data about you that we obtain from other sources. The types of information we collect from third parties may include: name, email address, personal website, and social media handles from public profiles such as Twitter, Dribbble, Google+, Facebook, and Instagram. We use this information to maintain and improve the accuracy of the records we hold about you, to provide technical assistance for the setting-up and maintenance of resource.
We use third party services to deliver the best experience on the website.
Google Analytics (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of this website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
HeatMap, Inc. offers a software as services (SaaS) tool for analyzing and representing the online behavior of website visitors. By combining both analytics tools and visual heatmap representations, HeatMap, Inc. helps its clients understand how to improve our website’s user experience and performance.
Collect.chat is a chat and data collection tool allowing us to build conversational interface such as chat, survey, poll.
Disqus (Disqus, Inc.)
Disqus is a global commenting system that improves discussion on websites and connects conversations across the web.
MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC.)
MailChimp is an email address management and message sending service provided by The Rocket Science Group, LLC.
Personal data collected: email address
Upscribe provides newsletter signup forms that can be embedded on Medium and other Internet platforms. By registering for our newsletter via our website or via our Design + Sketch Medium publication, your email address will be added to our mailing list of those who may receive email messages with information of commercial or promotional nature concerning Sketch App Sources and it’s contributors.
Personal data collected: email address
Google Firebase (Google Inc.)
When website visitors submit a resource, they have the option to share a third-party link or upload their work on Google Firebase servers. See Privacy and Security in Firebase. Resources are typically published publicly with a unique URL. Anyone with that URL can see the uploaded file. There is no private hosting.
Personal data collected: user submited file
Carbon Ads (BuySellAds.com Inc)
We may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites as a convenience to you or for advertising purposes. We do not control content provided by third-party and we’re not responsible for the contents of any linked-to, third party website or any hyperlink in a linked website. We do not endorse or hold ourselves responsible for the privacy policies or information gathering practices of any other services, other than the website run by us. You understand that the information and opinions in the third party content represent solely the thoughts of their owners and is neither endorsed by nor does it necessarily reflect our belief.
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To give you credit or cite a source
- To create a public profile on the website
- To answer questions you have regarding contents on the website
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about website content oe to send you our newsletter
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Service providers.
- Social networks, when a website visitors shares website content.
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
- We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data. We may use, and we may also share non-individual, aggregated information and data with our business partners and with business users solely for the purpose of better understanding the needs, interests and usage of the website.
We may transfer the personal data we obtain to third parties in countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA). The laws in those countries may not offer an adequate level of data protection. In particular, personal data may be transferred to the United States.
When we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will protect your personal data as described in this Privacy Statement and in accordance with applicable law, such as by entering into the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the transfer of personal data to a processor located outside of the European Union.
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, or until you have notified us to remove your resource, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies. Note that after the deletion of your account your submissions and comments may be left on the website, but your name will be replaced by “deleted user”. If you would like to us remove your submissions and comments, please contact us as described at the end of this Privacy Statement.
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
To ensure the highest possible security for the transmission of your data between your web browser and our internet system, we use the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology. SSL enables an encrypted communication respectively transfer of documents via the internet between web browser and web server. The URL of a website with SSL connection to your browser starts with https://.
This websites is not intended for children under the age of 13 (16 in the European Union), and therefore, we do not knowingly acquire or receive personal data from children under the age of 13 (16 in the European Union). If you learn that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of this Privacy Statement, you can alert us at via the contact information at the end of this Privacy Statement.
In accordance with applicable data protection regulations, you have a number of rights regarding the use of your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to request rectification or erasure of personal data or restriction of or objection to processing of your personal data. You may also request us to provide you your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format which can be transmitted to another controller.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence of your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
- Moreover, subject to this Privacy Statement, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
We reserve the right to update or change this Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the top of this page. We encourage website visitors to frequently check this page for any changes and to stay informed about the collected personal data. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this Privacy Statement periodically and become aware of modifications.
By accessing the website, you understand and agree that you accept the terms of this Privacy Statement. Your continued use of the website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please reach us online at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Sketch App Sources
Att: Privacy Officer
P.O. Box 83433
Gaithersburg, MD 20883